The perfect wedding dress neckline can make a difference. Going to look for your wedding dress can be overwhelming at first. There are so many different shapes, styles, necklines, waistlines, colors, trains….so which one is right for you? Breathe! Relax and take your time exploring a variety on you.
You will begin to discover what looks and feels best on you for you. Just because it looks great, doesn’t mean you feel comfortable and confident. Find the one that give you it all.
So to start, let’s get acquainted with all the different wedding dress necklines you will find when looking for your wedding dress:
1. V-Neck: This neckline dips into a V-shape in the front. It is often a very slimming style on many body types at is elongates the silhouette. Rounder face shapes appear more oval and petite brides appear a bit taller. V-necks also make it sexy! The deeper the V, the sexier the bride. It usually works best with smaller to middle-size breasts and cleavage. It allows for longer necklaces to be worn.
2. Square: A neckline that creates a square shape across the upper chest and is usually seen with straps or sleeves.
3. High Neck: The high neck appearance is similar to a turtleneck. A great option for brides looking for a modest neckline. It also gives a bride a more sophisticated look. Great for the offbeat or high fashion bride as they can tend to be edgy in fashion. Most times it requires a bride to wear less jewelry and an updo hairstyle.
4. Bateau or boatneck: This neckline features a wider opening at the neck that runs parallel to your collar bone and comes together near the tip of your shoulders. It gives off a sweet simplicity. It can create the illusion of a bigger chest in a small-breasted women. Boatneck necklines are inherently graceful and usually recommends modest and simple accessories with this classic look. (Psst….this was Meghan Markle’s dress!)
5. Illusion: An illusion neckline that features sheer fabric or lace along the top part of the bodice. Super popular and modern right now. The sheer fabric gives way to a hint of skin and is fashioned in different shapes and materials or lace. It gives a great balance between sexy and sophisticated. Illusion neckline detailing is great for all preferences and body types.
6. One-Shoulder: One-shoulder is a very modern neckline, also known as asymmetrical, featuring one strap. It is perfect for showing off your shoulders, collarbone, and upper arms.
7. Off-the-Shoulder: Off-the-shoulder is a very romantic style that allows the neckline to show off the collarbone with the material hitting the arms below the shoulder. Think “old Hollywood” or boho-chic! Just remember that the material that sits low on the shoulders and arms restricts movement. Sometimes a trade-off for romance!
8. Strapless: Like it sounds, no straps! A traditional strapless goes straight across the chest. This neckline is flattering on most body types, but is especially great on women with broader shoulders. It accentuates the collarbone and shoulders. The straight across line can also give more of a vintage look and feel.
9. Scoop: A Scoop neckline is rounded in the front neckline falling lower than a jewel neckline. Scoop necklines work great on brides with an athletic, pear, hourglass and/or petite shapes as it draws the eye down due to the wider neckline. This lengthens your neck and accentuates your collarbone.
10. Queen Anne: A regal neckline that features a higher collar in the back and a scoop or V-neck in the front. This neckline conveys an Old-World charm and regality. It highlights the neck and frames the upper chest.
11. Halter: A halter neckline usually ties around the neck in some form. Great when a bride wants to expose her shoulders. Great for creating a sliming look for broad shoulders. It will flatter the upper body (shoulders and arms) of a taller bride. It will also help some shorter brides generate a taller figure by emphasizing the neck for a longer silhouette. Halter necklines not only help show off the shoulders, but the upper back too. Keep it simple with jewelry….just the ears whether dramatic, dangling ones, or simple drop earrings. Perfect for the offbeat bride.
12. Jewel: A Jewel neckline has a small scoop fitted right below base of the throat and above the collarbone just like a crew-neck t-shirt. It is simple, modest and perfect for the bride who doesn’t want to be revealing. This neckline is idyllic for anyone who wants to accentuate their upper body. It makes small-chested women appear bustier.
13. Sweetheart: A strapless neckline that dips in the front creating an outline of the top of an upside down heart is called a Sweetheart neckline. It is the most popular as it is flattering on most people. It is chic and sexy in a regal and tasteful way. Sweethearts can help bustier brides enhance their natural curves. It works great for smaller shaped brides to create the illusion of a larger bust. The sweetheart neckline can be slightly dipping (13A) to a plunging deep line (13B).
14. Spaghetti Straps: A neckline featuring very thin straps called Spaghetti straps. This gives a sweet, dainty look.
15. Cowl: Cowl neckline is a loose fitting and draping material in the front neckline. It gives some old world romance and softness to the neckline.
The best way to discover what looks best on you may just be to try them. Wedding dresses are like no other, so go to a place that will give you the variety and options to try on the different necklines that catch your eye or that you know look best on you.
We hope you come see This Magic Moment Bridal Studio. With over 25 different designers and over 300 high-end designer wedding dresses, there is a great chance to try on the necklines, styles, shapes, and colors you want to see on yourself.
So you want to get married and you really do not want to plan out a wedding over a year? Everyone is telling you that you cannot break the rules. Well I’m here to tell you that is a lie. Traditionally buying a wedding gown would take upwards to nine months. NINE MONTHS! This time included shopping, ordering, waiting, waiting, waiting again and then alterations. Can you see why this take so long? We are at This Magic Moment Bridal Studio have a different take on this old tradition. That’s where we come in as a alternative to the waiting game. 90% of the dresses on our racks you take home the day you find them. Of course you are still going to need alterations and with a little planning that can go off very smoothly. We can easily take that nine month turn around down to three months. In extreme situations It can be even shorter if you have that relationship with a seamstress set up prior to shopping.
You don’t want a dress off the rack and you want something a little more custom? We can do that too! Our line of designer gowns call Jasmine has a 14 to 6 week turnaround. Takes a little more planning but you can still be done in that 3 to 4 months time range. So my best advice to you is to start working with an expert who understands that not everyone has a year to plan a wedding. Work with somebody who will listen to you as an individual and will guide you through the process. You’re really lucky you found that person and now we want to meet you face to face. Visit us at www.PGHweddingsale.com to book your private bridal experience. Let myself or my team guide you and help you pick your gown easily. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
I’m in panic mode as I view all the pretty wedding dresses on Pinterest because what one would be for me? Let’s be honest, they all look great on these pictures. Of course they do, they are models standing still and more-in-likely photoshopped too! Be let’s get back to reality.
How do I pick a style?
If you are browsing through Pinterest, which ones do you like best? Would it be something you have worn or would like to wear? Is the A-line (break at your natural waistline) looking pretty to you? Many times this can also be a princess dress–full bottom skirt.
Is it a fit-and-flare, where it comes in at the waist, hugs the hips, gets tighter below and then flares out? Many refer to these as trumpets or mermaids. Some flare a lot, other’s just a little. But I like then all!
Yes, they are all pretty. So how do you pick that style? You try them all on! You will discover that some you thought you may have liked you don’t on you, and vice versa. Sometimes, you know your body, you know your comfort, and you get it right the first time.
Keep an open mind and try each style on. Wedding dresses are like no other. It will probably be the most expressive garment you will ever wear. It most times isn’t your “normal” day to day outfit. Lots of sparkle and lots of puff just may surprise you?
Lastly, know that you are perfect and beautiful just the way you are right now. He loves you. Make sure to love on yourself. Find a fit that doesn’t make you conscious of any part of your body you may not like, even if we don’t see it!
Be Confident! Be Beautiful! Be Comfortable! –You got this!
Why is wedding shopping with This Magic Moment Bridal Studio so wonderful?
Let us show you some great reasons to consider shopping for your special wedding dress with us.
The Bridal Studio is only for you!
This Magic Moment Bridal Studio lets you do your wedding shopping in private and with your guests only. The entire bridal store is yours for the 90 appointment. You will always have one to two expert attendants helping just you. We focus and specialize only on wedding dresses. Our brides love the quiet, personal, comfortable atmosphere that only dotes on them. Everyone gets to participate without distractions. The studio is extremely warm and comfortable for everyone. A great pedestal surrounded by mirrors helps to show off the bride in her dress.
A Gigantic Selection of Designer Wedding Dresses.
Many bridal stores have only have a few wedding designers that they are able to carry and provide. When you wedding shop with us, you will have a big diverse selection of designers. At a given time, we average twenty-five different wedding designers at a time. Our dresses come from all over the country. Our brides rave about the gorgeous selection and many different styles, designers, and colors available to try on.
Priced for The Smart & Sensible Bride!
We love working with the smart and sensible bride. Don’t we all want to be that. We love brides who set a budget, regardless of what it is because they have their priorities set and in order. All our brides should be able to afford their dress, love their dress, and enter into a marriage on good financial terms. We love to be the start of it in the wedding shopping process. With our new and sample wedding dresses, the prices are always reduced from the retail price. Newer ones are usually less than a season or two, but still provides the savings. Every dress is from 20% to 80% (or more) off of the retail price.
Take it Home Today!
You found that perfect wedding dress to say “Yes”. Congratulations! Now, with us, you get to take it home with you today!! No waiting on orders, no waiting to see if the dress is the right one and right color. This is your wedding dress. Take it home. Look at it. Do your other necessary wedding shopping and planning knowing how to compare colors because you have the exact dress. Start alternations on your time frame. You have it now so never a worry if it will be ready on your wedding day. So many brides stress over picking up the dress right before the wedding hoping it fits and is all right. With us, you always have control and ownership of it.
These are just a few of the wonderful attributes This Magic Moment Bridal Studio can offer its brides. We know this because they tell us these things all the time. We hope we can help you in the near future experience that special wedding dress shopping moment you deserve. Book Now your private and personal appointment with us today. Always remember….breathe, relax, and have some fun!
Never guess a wedding dress by the bag it is in. When you are looking at gowns enclosed in even clear bags on racks, you have no idea of the beauty that lies inside unless you take it out. The bags are great because they protect your dress from dirt, snags, tears, and discolorations, so they are absolutely necessary. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen a dress in the bag and never gave it a second glance. Then, it was taken out and tried on, and I couldn’t believe my eyes. This wedding dress I so easily passed over was beyond gorgeous and stunning. The front had so much more to be seen in the lines and details, Then, I turned it over to the back and it was unbelievable. The trains on so many dresses are pulled up and hidden, and they are what brides fall in love with the dress so many times.
Not only do you need to take it out, but you have to try it on. You will never know if it is flattering or not until it is on your very own body. So many brides come in with Pinterest pictures of the perfect sized model, with perfect photo alterations, and want only that dress. Very rarely does it ever work that way. Be open minded, and if something sparks your eye, try it on! Until then, you will never know what looks best and amazes you the most. And, always remember, have fun finding that magical wedding dress and trying it on. Make happy wedding memories! Hugs!
Pittsburgh just had the Best Bridal Wars around yesterday! Teams of three, one bride and two bridesmaids, came together to battle against each other. These ladies went all out decorating their costumes to match their creative team names. Just a few great team names were Hot Mess Express, Muscles & Mascara, To The Alter & Beyond, and Diamonds in the Tough! Costumes ranged from veils, garter belts, bling, tutu’s, and super hero capes! Some even had wings. But that was just the start of all the fun. With over 15 cool vendors, each table offered a special game for these team to compete in.
Each vendor’s table declared a winner. This Magic Moment Bridal Studio’s Bridal War game was “Who Wore it Best!”. Each team member had to put on a wedding dress, run down the field, pick up a monster diamond ring or bouquet, and return for the best time. Our team winner was the Spice Girls! They were amazing coming in at only 47 seconds for all three ladies to run the course. Marki Mark and the Funky Bunch came in a close second at 57 seconds. No matter the time, all the teams were awesome. They had smiles on their faces, worked together as a team, and laughed until their ribs hurt! Us included. It was the most exciting, energetic and fun bridal show we have ever been to.
One lucky bride who won the entire event was awarded $1000 towards her wedding! Plus, hundred of dollars and prizes were given away to many other teams for their participation and amazing bridal team spirit. We can’t wait for Bridal Wars Pittsburgh to return again soon. Plus, we hope the brides and their friends we met will come visit This Magic Moment Bridal Studio soon. We enjoyed the fun, laughter, and spirit from everyone. Make sure to watch this fun video of all the excitement and special brides and their teams from yesterday.
Are you a Smart & Sensible Bride? Then come shop with us at This Magic Moment Bridal Studio and find gorgeous wedding dresses! All dresses are marked down 30% – 80% off of retail prices, but still new with the tags on them. Why pay full price when you can be that smart and sensible bride? Over 150 discounted designer wedding dresses currently in our inventory. We have sizes 2 – 24, and currently 28 different national and international designers in stock.
Plus, when you find that gorgeous dress, you get to take it home with you right away! Need some help with finances? No worries. We are the only bridal store in Pittsburgh who can offer you that assistance with a great resource called I Do Lending. Get pre-approved before even coming to visit with us fast and easily online. Schedule your appointment today at www.PghWeddingSale.com so we can give you the royal bridal treatment you deserve as you search through these gorgeous wedding dresses. Bring along the important decision-makers in your wedding dress process and let them see you smile from ear to ear as you find that perfect and magical wedding dress. Don’t forget your camera! Yes, you can take pictures at our bridal studio so that you can capture your memories.
We are conveniently located just 10 minutes north-east of Pittsburgh in Allison Park right on Rt. 8. We have plenty of free parking and lots of comfortable room for you to enjoy your time with us. Make sure to visit us on Facebook to see highlights of our current inventory. Just remember, it does change daily and dresses we have posted are not guaranteed to still be in inventory. No worries though, we will have plenty new ones you haven’t had a chance to see yet. We can’t wait to meet you and help you experience that magical wedding experience you deserve.
Some helpful and simple tips to make your wedding shopping experience as best as possible. Do you have a style or silhouette in mind before you come to the bridal studio? Share the style with your consultant so that she may select dresses for your initial try on. If you’ve already tried on a trumpet or A-line and absolutely know that will not work for you, sharing it with your consultant will make it easier to find your gown.
Our brides at This Magic Moment Bridal Studio never worry they are trying on too many gowns. Our bridal consultants want you to feel the best you can on your wedding day and it is our job to help you navigate through the process of picking your gown. Honestly we love helping you and when we see you in your gown for the first time we might cry with you too.
Try to resist trying on gowns that are over two sizes larger than your size. You may be drawn to a certain silhouette or applique but once you start to have alterations done the gown will lose a lot of its integrity. It is our goal to try to fit you as closely to a perfect fit as we can . Our idea of alterations would be as minimal as possible. Not to mention this will also save you tons of money .
Make sure you invite the important decision makers with you . Due to the nature of how we get our dresses and the fact we can not order them. We would hate for you to leave without your dress because someone was missing from your entourage . Of course we are always happy to take pictures and even send video to someone who can not make it. Technology can be your best friend when you are planning your wedding.
Some other quick tips that will help your shopping experience is to come in makeup free and hair up. It really help to see the top or back of your gown when your hair is up. Bring along a pair of heels that you think are the size you will wear with your dress . And if you have any special undergarments bring them along so you can have the best fish ever .
We hope you find these tips and hints helpful , it is our pleasure to assist you and we look forward to helping you soon.